This week's pick:


Friday, April 2, 2010

BELIT by Evan Shaner

I couldn't stand not posting here on the Twart for another second, so I took some time out last night and put this together. I figured since Francesco didn't do a cover this week it'd be okay if I did. I'll admit I'm not very familiar with the character or a whole lot of the Conan world, but an image search came up with a bunch of John Buscema drawings, which is enough for me.

I still don't have a scanner, but hopefully it won't take me this long to post here again.

7 comments:

Declan Shalvey said...

Gorgeous!

Mike Hawthorne said...

FANTASTIC!!!

Mike

Mike Moran said...

Looks great!

ANDY KUHN said...

i dig it!

Ron Salas said...

Awesome, man! Welcome back!

Francesco Francavilla said...

YEAH, Evan is back! :D
You nailed the buscema feel and the simple cover approach: that "painted" orange bg is perfect! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Urban Barbarian said...

Doc, you really nailed the pulpy feel those old books had! I'd love to see a line of books designed by you!